Ether 15-14: War

Posted by on Sunday, May 20, 2012

I read these two chapters today and it was pretty depressing. It is sad to see how two groups of people who hate each other so much will go to any ends (including dying them selves in the process) to try to kill the other.


At the very end though Ether said something that I really liked. He was unsure whether or not he would be translated or walk around the earth until he died. To that he said in verse 34, "it mattereth not, if it so be that I am save in the kingdom of God. Amen"


I think that these are great words to live by. What I do in my life and how I live it doesn't matter if I am saved in God's kingdom. I could be rich or poor. I could be the most famous person in the world or no one knows who I am. None of that matters. The only thing that matters is that I am doing what is right so that I can be saved in the kingdom of God.


Does that mean I will have no ambition in life or pursue a great career? No - but what it means is that I will focus on attaining salvation before I do any of those things.

Leave a Reply